Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Work

I feel like i'm not hard to please as an employee. I require a few simple things that push the "loyalty" button. here they are:
  1. Enjoyable and fun work envorionment - ability to have humor in the workplace and make friends with the people i work with
  2. Ability to do the tasks that i enjoy
  3. To have my opinion valued
  4. To be trusted and not micro-managed
  5. To have the opportunity to be creative

I feel like those aren't too much to ask. When those things are not there, i detach and drift away. Any thoughts?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

ummmm, I always have ideas. Get yourself fired. Have a baby. get a new job with your companys' major competition. head off to grad school. Pray for a Tsunami to hit Charlotte. You know, the typical. Hang in there. I love you. you never know, maybe one of these might happen.

bansheewigs said...

first, i must say i almost peed in my pants when i saw your blog updated.

lisa has some good thoughts, but yeah... i've decided that it doesn't matter where i work b/c if my disposition is crappy then i could have the coolest job in the world and i still wouldn't appreciate it. try my mantra: 'high flexibility, low expectations'

The dBs said...

I like that mantra - "high flexibility, low expectations" has that worked well for you? I'm learning that just stopping to ask Him for help is a big chunk of pride to swallow but so good to do... not my first inclination, though.

Anonymous said...

that mantra came from STINT; it kinda worked in russia, but here stateside, it's not too bad, but i have too high of expectations of people and myself.