Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas!


At a Christmas brunch earlier this month, I heard a mother talking about how she let her children set up the nativity set this year. Her 5-year old went to work putting all of the pieces out. When she returned, she found all of the sheep, cows, and donkeys all squished together in a big clump with all of their rumps facing out. As she was about to correct him to make it look a bit more organized and neat, she saw the scene with fresh eyes. They were all squeezed together and nosing forward to see Jesus. They wanted to get a good look at this little One who "became flesh and dwelt among us." He is something special to behold.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

The Taylor Family said...

I love this story. Kids amaze me...on our way to do some Christmas puzzle at Brian and Rach's Malachi looked at the sky and said, "God made clouds" I said yep. He said..."It's a broken cloud. He needs to fix it." I said you need to ask him to. So he said, "God please fix the broken cloud?" Then he seemed satisfied. Funny munchkin.