| Salad and Pizza art |
So, it got me thinking that he'd be all excited to do some craft time with Mommy. I, myself, enjoy some good craft time and am always looking for a companion to be crafty with. Who better than one of my kiddos, right?! So, I endeavor to do this Thanksgiving Turkey with Gabe. It was clearly marked as a child's craft for ages 6+. Naturally, I think Gabe will be able to handle a 6-year old craft no problem as he's rather advanced for his age. (just like every other child is in their parent's eyes)
| Complicated Thanksgiving Turkey |
I started to think that he maybe wasn't as "advanced" as I thought and maybe wouldn't want to do crafts with me. Well, there's always Maggie. Maybe she'll want to do crafts with me when she's old enough.
After his Family Night, we picked him up in his classroom only to be present with this lovely little turkey. He made this! It's awesome! It's way better than mine and he's only 3! And, he liked it - he likes art/crafts! Maybe just not with Mommy or maybe he was scared of the hot glue gun, which I can appreciate as I now don't have any fingerprints on a few fingers. Hope has been restored! I'll get him crafting with me yet - and I know my window is small as boys quickly grow out of that kind of stuff and want to do more "dude" type stuff. At least he likes to cook with me and there are lots of cool guy cooks to keep it a cool thing to do... even with your mom.
| Gabe's Thanksgiving Turkey |
No comments:
Post a Comment