My hubby and I are building a townhome. It's very exciting to watch it go up! It is stage 7 of 15 construction stages, which basically means it is framed in both stories and has a roof, but no shingles. The windows and doors are in, but no door knobs. That sort of thing. We went on Sunday to look at it, but had to wear hard hats because it's a liability and yada yada yada. Our cute little Puerto Rican sales agent, Diana (who used to be a show girl/prof. dancer in Vegas FYI) only had two hard hats. One was normal and white. The other was this big white cowboy hat... but it's a hard hat! It was awesome! Jason wore it and we made our way through the empty lots where our neighbors will eventually live and walked in our back door.
We decided that we for sure need a fence out back. Townhomes are like one big yard and I don't really want anyone from the outside seeing me eating my cereal in the a.m. at the kitchen table. I enjoy sharing meals with people, but not like that.
We hope to move in at the end of June and become homeowners. Working for a builder, I walk through homes under construction all the time. There is something WAY different when it's your own. It's so exciting! It feels so real! "This is our HOME!," I said. FUN!
I have no photos of the construction because I don't have a digital camera. That needs to change. However, i found a pic of Ty with a dude in a cowboy hard hat. there you go...
1 comment:
last weekend i thought about buying a condo, and then i realized a) i don't make any money, b) i can't afford anything in denver, c) that would mean responsibility and stability in my life, d) interest rates reek!
i'm exciting for you and jason. you guys are officially going to be yuppies...
Post a Comment