At our former house, we were on a cul-de-sac and did not get a lot of traffic. Now we are on a thru-street and see all kinds of different vehicles throughout the day. We also live about 4 houses down from an intersection in our neighborhood where all of the school busses load and drop off. Well, to any boy from ages 2-5, any vehicle bigger than a car is pretty much awesome. Busses are in this awesome category. And, the kids go to school much later here, so we’ve seen quite a few busses lately. G’s noticed the kids all standing around at the bus stop and I can tell has been closely observing.
The other day, G announced to me: “I need my backpack.” I scrounged around in the closet and found it and he proceeded to fill it up with a few items – books, a few toys, etc. I liked this idea for a toy bag to take with us on errands. Well, he promptly put it on and wore it pretty much all day long. Upon passing yet another bus on our walk in the neighborhood, he said, “I need to ride it.” Yep, he wants to ride the bus to school. It was funny and super cute, but also made me a little sad as I saw him in a grown up way. As I watch MRP being exactly 2 years behind him, it makes me think a lot about how much he’s grown up. He now has his own thoughts, opinions, likes, dislikes, personality, and sense of humor (which is hilarious!). I love watching him grow, but also enjoy the moments of soaking up his current stage. And that stage currently involves a backpack.
The other day, G announced to me: “I need my backpack.” I scrounged around in the closet and found it and he proceeded to fill it up with a few items – books, a few toys, etc. I liked this idea for a toy bag to take with us on errands. Well, he promptly put it on and wore it pretty much all day long. Upon passing yet another bus on our walk in the neighborhood, he said, “I need to ride it.” Yep, he wants to ride the bus to school. It was funny and super cute, but also made me a little sad as I saw him in a grown up way. As I watch MRP being exactly 2 years behind him, it makes me think a lot about how much he’s grown up. He now has his own thoughts, opinions, likes, dislikes, personality, and sense of humor (which is hilarious!). I love watching him grow, but also enjoy the moments of soaking up his current stage. And that stage currently involves a backpack.
No comments:
Post a Comment